Massage is the oldest form of medicine known to humans and has been practiced for thousands of years. The art of Indian Head Massage originated from Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine. This Sanskrit word can be translated as the “science of life” or “knowledge of life”. The Ayurvedic approach to health is the balance of body, mind and spirit and the promotion of long life.
In the West, we tend to view the scalp as independent from the rest of the body and treat it in a different way. In India, however, the scalp is regarded as an extension of the body skin and lavished with care and attention. Head massage has been developed and refined, with each family and region in India adding their own special touches.
It is a form of relaxation massage that focuses on the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms. Because this form of massage is done over the clothing in a seated position it can be done anywhere and at any time, making easily available just about anywhere.
Some of the advantage of an Indian Head Massage are:
- there is no need to undress
- sessions are done in a seated position
- cost effective – it is approximately 45 minutes long
- suitable for all ages and also for pregnant women
- can be done anywhere at anytime
- sessions can also have a 5 minute optional hair oil add-on to promote a healthy scalp and thick, luxurious hair
There are also many possible benefits from an Indian Head Massage session and they have been listed below:
- General relaxation
- Improved blood circulation increases oxygen supply to the brain
- Calms, revitalizes and uplifts the spirit
- Can create a more balanced state of being, and balancing of the Chakras
- Relaxes taut and uncomfortable muscles, eases stiffness, breaks down knots and nodules in muscle tissues
- Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
- Increased joint mobility
- Improved lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system
- Can give your hair a healthy lustrous shine and improve skin condition
- Encourages deeper breathing and deep relaxation; very enjoyable and triggers the release of “feel good” chemicals called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness.
- Promotion of hair growth
- Helps to dissipate mental, tiredness, stress, depression resulting in greater mental alertness and concentration, and clearer thinking
It can also help relieve eyestrain, tension headaches, migraines, earaches, tinnitus (ringing in the ear), jaw ache, sinusitis congestion, insomnia, and disturbed sleep.
Try a session today and enjoy this unique and relaxing body therapy. Please note optional hair oil add-on to promote a healthy scalp and luxurious, thick hair is also available.
|Cost:||45 minutes||- $50.00 + HST|
|Package||- 5 sessions: $220.00 + HST|
*Cancellation Policy: Please note, if you cancel less than 24 hours prior to your appointment, payment for your session is due in full
*Refund Policy: Please note, no refunds are issued on any service / session